I was thrilled to find out that Sew Exhausted was nominated by Savard Studios for the Liebster Award! I have seen it on some other blogs but never thought I would be nominated- at least not YET! 😉 I am a pretty new blogger and have found the blogging community to be so supportive and interesting and a wealth of knowledge. It is like having a bunch of brand new friends I get to share my successes and failures with and cheer them on in theirs as well. The best part of this award is choosing 11 other great blogs I have stumbled on and pass the award to them. 🙂
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award’s origins are pretty much a mystery. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 200 or less followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite,” so this is kind of like the “favorite blog award.” It’s basically a “Hey, that’s a sweet little blog you’ve got there. Here’s an award!” You can’t just accept the award. You have to play by the (ever changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog for all to see.
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Here are 11 facts about me:
1. I have 4 wonderful chilluns- 3 girls and a boy
2. I have the privilege to work from home doing customer support for a software company
3. I LOVE to cook
4. I sang at a few weddings when I was younger
5. At one time I wanted to be a famous soap opera star. (lol)
6. I was born in Hawaii, lived a few years in Australia, and now reside in California
7. When I first started sewing I was afraid of button holes and used velcro… (confession)
8. I wear a size 10 shoe 😦
9. I really enjoy going to a good craft brewery and tasting the awesome beer
10. I have at least 6 unfinished quilts I need to work on
11. I love the Beatles- especially George Harrison… (sigh)
Questions from Savard Studios
1. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains? So difficult because they both have their positives but I am going to say mountains- Tends to be very peaceful and quiet in the mountains.
2. What is your favorite song? You and I- Scorpions
3. What’s your favorite day of the week and why? Saturday. Because it is the start of the weekend! Most people say Friday, but Friday is just another work day for me. Saturday is an open book I get to “play” with and do whatever!
4. What’s your favorite holiday? The 4th of July was my fave holiday. Fireworks and family picnics. But I am leaning towards Christmas now- because it can last 4-6 weeks and you can do so much family stuff. The music! The lights! and the get togethers with family. And the memories intertwine from all the Christmases past. 🙂
5. What movie can you watch over and over? The Princess Bride
6. What color do you wear the most? Black
7. What is your biggest accomplishment so far? Raising my children. I have not been perfect by any means BUT they are turning out darn good if I must say so myself.
8. How many hours each week do you spend blogging? I think about 5-7 right now.. and that includes hopping around and reading my favorite blogs and finding new ones.
9. Salty or sweet favorite treat? SWEET SWEET SWEET!
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year? The Harry Potter series
11. One thing you don’t go anywhere without? My keys
Questions for my nominees
1. Where are you from?
2. If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?
3. What is your favorite food?
4. What is your favorite activity?
5. What is your favorite holiday?
6. What type of music do you like?
7. If you could be anyone for one day who would it be?
8. What is your favorite season?
9. What do you do to relax?
10. What is your least favorite vegetable?
11. Kids or no kids?
1. Bolts Bobbins and Blunders
2. Hearts and Crafts Boutique
3. Keep Calm and Wear Pearls
4. Sweet Love and Ginger
5. What the Helvey
6. The Cottage Diaries
7. Arrow in the Eye
8. Jami Learns to Sew
9. The New Vintage Wardrobe
10. Dapper Duds
11. An Exacting Life